My sister Abby eagerly requested this recipe so much that I’m writing this just right after we had this for dinner.
and this was the leftover…my family holding back to finish it all in one sitting just because its dinner. Dinner is suppose to be light..at least according to our beautiful Mom.
so enough chatting and here’s the recipe
1lb of pork cut in small pieces
1/2 of large white onion (you can use any colored large onion really)
6 chopped button mushrooms
1/4 cup of soy sauce
3 Tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. of Brown Sugar
1/4 cup of water
a pinch of paprika
LOTS of ground black pepper
oil for saute
Cornstarch + Cold Water Mixture for thickening
- Marinate the pork with soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce,water, brown sugar, paprika and black pepper for 30 to 60 minutes
- When the meat is marinated, heat the pan and add the oil. Add the meat including the sauce. Keep sautéing the meat until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the onion and sauté until aromatic. Then add the mushroom and sauté together with the meat and onion until all are mixed with the sauce
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce has reduced but not dry. At this time you may adjust your seasonings according to your taste.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and mix well until the sauce thickens
- And DONE! serve with white rice.Enjoy