This was supposed to be a brownie recipe to be honest but we decided to bake it into cupcakes because we don’t have a good size pan for brownies yet. It turn out great though. This cake is so yummy and soft. Get your milk or coffee when you eat these sweeties. You’re gonna want some.
This is good for 6 cupcakes
So here are the ingredients:
5 oz IMPERIAL shortening(room temp.) you can use salted butter.. I don’t put any salt anymore
Melted Hershey’s Milk chocolate Kisses (15 pieces) I melted it in the microwave for a minute
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2/3 cup of All purpose Flour
2 Tsp Water + 1 Tbsp. of Instant Coffee (I used decaf) mixture
- Cream the shortening/ butter and sugar until combined
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, coffee mixture and melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and cocoa powder together then add it to the wet mixture.
- Fold the mixture until the batter turned into a mouse like texture (DON’T OVER MIX)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place your baking cups to the non-stick cupcake/muffin pan and start to fill your cups with the batter. Make sure to give the cups about an inch space for the batter to rise up properly.
- Bake the cakes for about 19 to 2o minutes or until until when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for about 5 minutes then EAT!! Enjoy 🙂